This website uses affiliate links which may earn a commission for purchases made at no additional cost to you.

Who owns ST LOUIS LAGER?

ST LOUIS LAGER is owned by

ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV

ST LOUIS LAGER
First Brewed

1989

Origin

Botswana, Africa

Craft Beer Delivered To You
Find craft beers available for delivery in your area

Website

St. Louis Lager was created in 1989 in Gabarone, Botswana by Kgalagadi Breweries Limited. The brewery started in the 1960s brewing traditional sorghum beer, but expanded in the 1970s when Sechaba Breweries Holdings was created to hold the investments of the brewery. South African Brewers purchased a 16.8% stake in Sechaba, which owned 60% of Kgalagadi, and in 1977 they purchased the other 40%, bringing their blended ownership stake to 50.8% and giving them managing control. In 2002, South African Breweries bought Miller from Philip Morris for $5.6 billion, and was renamed SABMiller. In 2016, SABMiller was purchased by Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Popular Beers by this Brand

  • St Louis Lager
  • St Louis Export
ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV

Craft Beer Delivered To You
Find craft beers available for delivery in your area


Like what we’re doing here? Donate to help keep the site alive!